RE: Need Ford Probe GT info...

To: "David Shreve" <ls1_1le@hotmail.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Need Ford Probe GT info...
From: "Chuck Hanson" <hanson@swcp.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 19:01:15 -0700
I owned a 93 Probe GT for about 4 years and loved it.  The other respondent
was right about squeeks and rattles and the leaky valve cover gaskets (pull
a plug wire on the rear bank... If it's oily, ask for a few hundred bucks
off).  A friend tows a sailplane with his (don't know what it weighs) with
no problem at all.  The motor is fantastic for daily driving and
autocrossing with gobs of low end torque and willingness to rev to the
limiter above 7500 even at 7500 feet of altitude.  It got 25 mpg on
virtually every tankful I put in it.  The car trophied at all three
Nationals appearances in G Stock.

All in all, a super practical car that is a ball to drive.

BTW, I have a set of Kosei lightweight wheels and 2/3 worn BFG's for the car
that are for sale.  I also have 2 stock wheels.  Interested?

Chuck Hanson