RE: Magnetic awards (was: Solo Entry Fees)

To: "autox@autox.team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Magnetic awards (was: Solo Entry Fees)
From: Chris Eckles <MRoadster@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 11:05:40 -0500
It is embarrassing to admit, but here in Atlanta we were pretty bad at
handing out awards this year.

As I recall, no one got anything until one of the last events.  Then we had
a guy at a table with a list.  You could go up to him and pick up any
plaques you had won (over the past months).  I suspect that this will be
the plan for next year as well.  Pretty basic generic wooden plaques.

Our problem is that we have too many people.  Plus, we have morning and
afternoon run groups.  We run out of time most events, and the thought of
taking 20 minutes - twice a day - to hand out awards. . .  Well, I am one
of the many folks who would rather not get a trophy than get home 40
minutes later.

We have something else interesting:  a "Year End Plaque."  To be eligible,
you have to NOT accept any trophies during the year.  And have gotten a
trophy in, I think, at least 3 events (or maybe 2).  They give you a really
nice plaque with a photo of your car on it, and I think your standing at
each event (I haven't gotten one yet - will this year).  MUCH nicer than a
normal plaque.

Chris Eckles
White M Roadster
Atlanta

> I must have missed something here? You give out some kind of an
> award at every
> event???
>
> Mike B.

There is a group that does not give out the first place people some kind of
award at every event?

I bet that this is more unusual than giving out awards at every event.
Locally, our clubs are required by the rules to give them out.

<