Re: Maserati but not Porsche ( was re: SM Inclusion List )

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Maserati but not Porsche ( was re: SM Inclusion List )
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 13:16:21 EST
Mark Andy wrote:

>    My idea of SM's demographic doesn't include ancient cars that

Let's see, the last Pinto was made in '80.  If you were 10 in '80, you'd be
30 now.  Of course, today's 30 year olds were playing with computers when
they were 10, not cars, so I'm guessing that Pintos went unnoticed...

So, are you proposing to get rid of cars based on them being X years old,
built before 19XX, or some legitimate 4 seaters because you don't like that
particular car?

Wouldn't it be better to decide (and publish) what the demographic is, and
come up with the inclusion list for the class?  Of course it appears that in
order to bolster entries, the demographic has been widened.  The problem with
that is you end up with Pintos and Vegas on the inclusion list.

My feeling is that you can't have it both ways.  Either you'll have some cars
that don't fit, or you'll have a rather narrow inclusion list.  Accept one or
the other...

CHD