Re: rev limiter

To: TeamZ3@aol.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: rev limiter
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 22:47:22 EST
The Snipester writes:

> Further, I think a protester could easily make a sound argument to the PC
> for
> a DSQ against another competitor on the basis that a rev limit indicator
> (light, buzzer, H&C nad/bush kicker, etc) is a non-allowable
> performance-enhancing device (for Stock) since it's easy to lose a tenth or
> two over-reving the engine, it subjugates driving skill, and said device
> was
> not factory-installed as a manufacturing standard/option.

13.2.A:  "Accessories, gauges, indicators, lights and other appearance,
comfort and convenience modifications which have no effect on performance
and/or handling and do not materially reduce the weight of the car are
permitted."

Sounds like it's specifically allowed to this former National PC member. It
does not have an effect on performance.  It doesn't make the car faster, it
allows you to drive it faster, just like gauges do.  OTOH, a letter to the
SEB might not be a bad idea (and one each succeeding year, since the SEB
interpretation changes with the makeup of the SEB...)

Charlie Davis