Re: Contributing to the SM Inclusion Lis

To: autox@autox.team.net, dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Subject: Re: Contributing to the SM Inclusion Lis
From: "Murray, Matthew D." <MDMURRAY@gwns.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 21:56:00 -0500
Does SM allow non-USA cars (re: the Lancer Mitsu stuff)? Any guesses how
many
Yenko Covairs are out there? I'd have no problems with a non Yenko, but
still
Corvairs are fairly rare these days. The two Mazda's should join the RX-3.

>>  Corvair & Yenko Stage I & II & III (all)
> Aww, heck. Let the Corvair guys have some fun, woncha?
Howard is *conviced* that there are lots of Corvairs just itching to run
SM. These cars should already be legal....
If one can find a Corvair anywhere that's not already a CP car that is.

>> Beta & Zagato ('75-83)
> Basically Fignats. Even rarer, though. I don't think you'll be
> alienating a large contingency if you leave these out.  ;<)
You'd be suprised. Somewhere out there is a Zagato-driving Paul Foster
clone. :(

>> Cosmo
>> R-100 (all)
> Dunno aobut either of the above.
Seems to me these are much akin to the RX-3.

>> Lancer, Lancer EVO, Charisma EVO {ed. note, non-USA car}
> Idunno.
Midsize sedans with decent motors - basically 4-door Talons. Cool cars, no
more problematic than any other DSM.

>> R5 Turbo
> Not US-legal. Since the entire driveline in the Turbo I (or was
> it Turbo II?) was relocated from the original position in the R5,
> this car should definitely be excluded. Otherwise, you can
> update/backdate an R5 into a midengine car.

DG