Marque Clubs

To: "A-Team.Net (Group)" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Marque Clubs
From: "Roger Johnson" <rjohnson@friendlynet.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 19:32:37 -0500
Paul & Brian have reflected on BMW and Porsche Club
members views of SCCA Solo II classing and allowances.

I can assure you that NCCC (Corvette) club members have
the same views.  We have often heard from the F-Body
and Mustang folks with their complaints.

The local Miata club thinks we (SCCA) is nuts, lumping all
stock Miatae into only TWO classes.  Only the die-hards will
run our events, or hire us to put on events for them!

Marque clubs are much better equipped to recognize far smaller
differences in vehicle performance potential, known weaknesses
in some versions of the marque, differences in typical preparation
methods, etc.  SCCA has to be a "one-size-fits-all" kind of operation,
with all of the wrinkles & warts associated with that necessity.

In my view, the animus with which marque club devotees view
SCCA is only normal, typical and to be expected.  I can comprehend no
way(s) to avoid it.

Roger 2