Re: What Kansas Region gets out of Nationals (Was Nationals in October a

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What Kansas Region gets out of Nationals (Was Nationals in October at TMS!)
From: "Dave Whitworth" <dave@wcsllc.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 20:29:14 -0500
Rick,

I don't know for sure, but I would be surprised if KS region gets to ride
nationals coat tails for lot fees, sanction and insurance, but I might be
wrong.

How many regions are there stepping up to do an event many miles away?
Kentucky region did a hell of a job with Peru, but I'm sure the fact that
the event was 100's of miles away doubled the amount of work involved.  And
SCCA provides timing equipment for this.

I don't know you or how active you are in your region, but to cover all the
bases I'll say this:  Perhaps you should sit down and think about the amount
of work involved in putting on an event with 600 cars for 2 days, then check
into the expenses and not use my guesses, then you can say how good of a
deal KS region gets.  I think you may have spoken without thinking all the
way through what you were saying...IMO, FWIW, ETC.

Triple Nomex may not cover it...

DaveW
(ST. Louis Region, not KS)