Runoffs move

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Runoffs move
From: "Jeff Cashmore" <cashmo@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 17:50:43 GMT
"How about either moving the Runoffs further south (I think everybody's had
a good fill of Mid Ohio by now) or a couple of weeks (or more, I dunno how
much "time" people need) prior to the Solo2 Nationals?"

Things are too complicated regarding alternate Runnoff's dates and venues.
You can't move it earlier as you're already stepping on traditional Labor
Day weekend Nationals dates.  The site has to have a really big paddock,
hotel support, be centrally located,  and (this is big) it must WANT to host
the Runnoff's.  I'm told that unless you host it for 5 yrs straight you
don't make any money on it.  Sounds like MO gave our date on their busy
schedule to a higher paying customer.  I believe our contract with them runs
for 2 more years.  Someone suggested Tony George could host it on the IMS
road course but I wouldn't hold my breath.  Rocky, how big is the paddock at
Heartland Park?

Should we move the Solo Nats one week earlier (start of school issues) or 3
weeks later for next year?

Jeff Cashmore