Re: Roll Bar Rules Changes - Serious Stuff Here!

To: <dg50@daimlerchrysler.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Roll Bar Rules Changes - Serious Stuff Here!
From: "Alistair Hastings" <alistair@imake.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 12:48:18 -0400
For the most part I agree with your comments.  A few things to add though.

1. The equivalent of SP would be Improved Touring, not Touring.  Touring in
Club Racing is more like Stock.
2. The IT rules already restrict cages to 8 points.  6 to the floor (main
hoop, front hoop, and two rear supports) and 2 forward to firewall (but not
forward to suspension).  The rules also allow unlimited bars in between
these points.  Taken to extreme, this can be advantageous.
3. Reconciling SCCA rules with NHRA rules is next to impossible.  Either
could change at any point without input from the other body.  The NHRA rules
for cages already disallow Autopower style bolt-in cages.  "All required
rear braces must be installed at a
minimum angle of 30-degrees from vertical, and must be welded in. Side bar
must pass the driver at a point midway between the shoulder and elbow."  My
IT and SP legal Autopower cage does not meet the requirements quoted above.

Alistair Hastings