Tire Rack Lack of Service ( was re: 4x100 15" wheels )

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Tire Rack Lack of Service ( was re: 4x100 15" wheels )
From: David Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 15:20:45 -0400 (EDT)
Dave Whitworth wrote...
> You might try Tire Rack and see about their steel wheels for the winter
> packages.

   Good luck.  As much as I'd like to buy from the Tire Rack, I cannot as
long as they continue to refuse to sell to me.  I made the mistake of
asking about steel wheels a month ago, and other than automated replies
advising me who my 'salesman' is, I cannot get a reply from them.

   I'm not sure why, but I guess they are just above selling steel wheels
now that they are big-time, and have their name on cars at Nationals.

   Maybe they were upset that I pointed out that their fitment database
for RX-7s is all wrong.  I was just trying to help.

   It is really sad, a few years ago you never heard complaints about
their service; now it is commonplace.  Oh well, they aren't the only
people who sell tires, even if they think they are.

--
 D a v i d  H i l l m a n
 scscc, nma, scca, imoc