Re: Stupid driver tricks

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stupid driver tricks
From: Reijo Silvennoinen <rase@istar.ca>
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2000 08:00:13 -0600
Yes, I distinctly remember some "spectator" leaving our last event spinning his
tires in "Jackie Chan" style.  Apparently this is an international problem and
an occurrence that is all too common.

What to do?  I was thinking that perhaps these are would-be participants and
that we should make a point of going over and saying hello when we see
spectators, introducing ourselves and striking up a conversation - invite them
to join in!  While speaking with them, we can casually make a point of
mentioning that this is a good way to get racing off off the streets and yet
being able to drive (learning to drive) at the limits and beyond......and that
we discourage that type of behaviour on the streets.

To my recollection, we have not had any problems with the law in this regard but
it is a problem waiting to happen.  Any other ideas?

Reijo

--
Reijo Silvennoinen,
Calgary, Alberta