Kids and Autocross.

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Kids and Autocross.
From: "Moore, John" <jmoore@opentv.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 13:31:40 -0500
                With all this talk about kids being at autocrosses and
riding as passengers, has anyone, other than the Milwaukee region and WAI,
ever had "side" events at the autocrosses for kids (Like the under 10
crowd)? I remember one of the Milwaukee or WAI events had a little course
set up for the kids to run a remote controlled car through. I also remember
one event where a small course was set up and kids ran a "big wheel" through
it. Everyone used the same "big wheel" so it was a "spec class". The expense
side is low, the excitement side for the kids seems to be high and if you
award the winner a trophy during the trophy presentation, they would be
ecstatic. The kids I saw running the big wheels seemed to be more
enthusiatic that some of the adult competitors where. I'm sure that every
region would even have people willing to volunteer thier time to help run
things.

        Just a thought.

        John Moore
        1991 Nissan Sentra SE-R (STS)