Girlie Girl Racing's "Quick Chicks" ( was Re: Some thoughts on Ladies Cl

To: AlanP@identicard.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Girlie Girl Racing's "Quick Chicks" ( was Re: Some thoughts on Ladies Classes)
From: "Arthur Emerson" <vreihen@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 15:25:56 GMT
Alan Pozner <AlanP@identicard.com> wrote:

>Are there ladies classes in the IRL, CART, F1, NASCAR, NHRA?
>In other words do other motorsports regard women as inferior
>drivers and create a special class for them to play?

I just went out in search of NIRA drag racing info,
because I've been at the last three regional spring nationals
grabbing their easy, 3-foot tall autocross trophies.
At these events, they kept pushing the Girlie Girl Racing
"Quick Chick" drag racing competition on the PA system.  (Girlie
Girl is based in Rutherford, New Jersey, and I guess that the
gold chain-wearing, IROC-driving, drag racing men in that area
have the female founder of the company fooled into thinking
that "girl" and "chick" aren't degrading to some women in this
era of political correctness.)

Anyway, if you want to read the perspective of somebody
that's involved with STARTING a ladies class in motorsports,
check this interview out:

http://www.girliegirlracing.com/html/interview.htm

I suspect that her views don't represent the majority of women.
I'm just pointing it out for the perspective.

What would be the opinion of our women competitors if "Girlie
Girl" were to suddenly become sponsors of the ladies classes
in Solo-II / ProSolo???  Do any of you "chicks" :-) out there
think that this is worth pursuing?????

-Arthur ("They're at NJ Turnpike exit 16W" edition.)