Re: Changing Classes

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Changing Classes
From: Mari L Clements <mrndr2@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 15:52:34 -0700
>    I just think the Ladies classes should be subject to the
> participation *RULES* like every other class.  No has provided a good
explanation
> for why that subset of classes gets a free pass.

Sigh.  Please check the rule in question. The participation rules are for
the *total* combined number in the open and ladies for each class.  The
ladies class doesn't get a free pass any more than its parallel open
class does *because* they are counted under the same number.

That is, there are times when an otherwise imperiled open class was
brought above threshold by the ladies class entrants.  For instance, DM
Open in 1999 had very few  competitors right up toward the final deadline
for entries (they ended up with 12, but had single digit entries pretty
close to the entry deadline) and more than one DM driver was trying to
recruit a Ladies class co-driver.

In other words--10 Open class participants + 2 Ladies class participants
gets you above the magic number.  Don't like the way participation is
figured?  Fine--but don't suggest that it is the Ladies class getting a
free ride when those drivers are counted in the participation rates for
the overall class.

mlc
'91 MR2 NA
------I take no responsibility for anything below this line------