Re: OSP email list

To: "Doug Miller" <drmiller@intcc.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: OSP email list
From: "Kent Rafferty" <gs96@sgi.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 17:49:14 -0400
Just to clarify, I don't believe the current SM crowd
is against an OSP class.  The SM crowd is not actively
campaigning for an OSP class since we're still trying
to establish SM.  Once SM is established then who
knows? (Roger J. is rolling his eyes about now).   I
personally think OSP would be a neat alternative for
the turbo Miatas, V8 240Zs, 383 Vettes, etc.

Kent Rafferty

> Are you starting to realize that the 2 seater SM
class
> ain't gonna happen, especially if the current SM
crowd has
> anything to say about it?
>
> Tired of arguing that blown V8's aren't any faster
then nascar
> V8's and are a hell of a lot cheaper?
>
> I've started an email list for OSP. Goal is to
market, and
> publicise the fact that any region can make up an OSP
class,
> present some ideas of rules (or lack thereof), and
talk about
> ways to resolve issues and build the car of your
dreams.
> In addition, I'm hoping we can discuss whether anyone
wants
> a national set of rules and what they might be.
>
> SFR is one region with a very successful OSP class.
How did
> they do it? What permissions did they have to get
from nationals?

> I'm really hoping that folks with successful programs
will come
> help out the folks who just want to build FUN cars
and go