Re: Garage Painting...

To: jhadler@rmi.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Garage Painting...
From: Hottvr@aol.com
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 19:38:25 EDT
In a message dated 9/24/00 3:42:48 PM Pacific Daylight Time, jhadler@rmi.net
writes:

<< Ok folks,

    It's now the off-season. And I'd like to hear from some folks who've
 painted the floor of their garage. I'm moving into a new house soon, and
 would like to paint the floor before I push the CSP car in for the
 winter and start the engine re-build.

    Could those that have done it please share with me some of the ups and
 downs of this task? Cost, time, methods, any inconveniences etc. All
 would be appreciated.

 Thanks,

 -Josh2

 --
 Joshua Hadler     >>

I've done it. The trick is to get the floor as clean as possible. Start by
using laundry
soap mixed with HOT!!!!! water. Any cheap house brand soap will do. Use a
broom scrup brushes or  whatever else it takes to get the floor clean. Then
after the floor is dry(wait a day or so) use muratic acid for the final
cleaning(Don't tell Al Gore). Do this on a day when you can have the garage
door open. Its available at any harware store. Rinse the floor with hot water
and let it dry.Once thats done just roll the garage floor paint on and let it
dry. I'm not sure what the best type to use is? I just used some hardware
store house brand. At my old house it lasted for 4 or 5 years.

Mike(How about those Chiefs!!!)B. 99cm TLS#1