Re: BSP Delorean

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: BSP Delorean
From: Mark Noeltner <mark@buffalochips.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 19:21:16 -0500
Nope, no Ford engines. All DeLoreans came from the factory with a Volvo
V-6. Known as the PRV-6 or B28F. 130hp stock.

I've never seen a SP DeLorean. Doubt that anyone has done one. So this is
all just speculation, as it always is when it hasn't been done before.

One of the DeLorean shops is doing a high perf version of the motor now.
They've gone most of the way to the limits of SP engine prep and have 197hp
at the rear wheels. They're saying they think that with some fine tuning of
some of the components that they can get it to a max of 215 without FI.

Those Z cars had a heck of lot better balance than a DeLorean!  :)  That
part about inhuman skill would definitely come into play. I still think it
fits better in CS and CSP myself. But since it would be so expensive to
prove it, I'm going to let someone else be first. We'll just keep taking
ours out occasionally for fun.

Mark N