Re: Nat's Stories/2 wheeling a Saturn

To: autox@autox.team.net, GSMnow@aol.com
Subject: Re: Nat's Stories/2 wheeling a Saturn
From: PbPied@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 22:09:18 EDT
Sorry, but Brian did NOT make his other two runs in another car.
He told me he had offers, but just didn't feel comfortable doing so.
A quick check of the results show his south course runs as DNF,
DNS, DNS.  Heck of a way to learn the tough side of the sport.
The "Thrill Ride" was near the end of his first ever Nationals run.

Apparently he got into the corner too hot, yanked the wheel anyway,
caught a little lip in the concrete, and.....  Two of the photographers
caught him bicycling bigtime.....  A bent hub and some alignment
problems were part of the best possible outcome from such a
scary situation, IMO.

Brian's co-driver, David Pearson (only because his own water pump
had expired the day before) ran all 6 of his runs in another Saturn.

Alan Sheidler
Watched it happen,
Knew the driver
Talked to him after