courses

To: "Autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: courses
From: "James Rogerson" <jwalter@ptra.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 12:39:11 -0500
South course our car was flooding because some idiot had the pressure regulator
set at 6.5 lbs.  The car wouldn't clean up for at least two gates past every
straight (that includes the so called slaloms).  I did better in class on that
course than on the North, where we melted our R25 Hoosiers (literally).  The
North course was a constant flow of activity with short bursts.  Both courses
required precision driving, one just allowed more error without hitting a cone
(the South).

The thing I liked most about the courses were that they looked and walked
completely different from each other.  In my only other trip (97) to Nationals
the two courses were very similar, yet different.

I had a great time this trip.  It's especially nice to have the big names in
our sport take time to look over your "new" car and give good consistent (all
of them said the same things) advice on how to make the car better.  And not
just for us new comers.  Greg Fordahl gave Peter Fehn two such tidbits he had
found useful in road racing for Pete's car (that I intend to use).

One other tidbit about comebacks, in EM Scott McQueen folded up his front upper
a-arms on his first run.  Andy Franzen loaned him his Jensen-Healey to get a
book time in.  The local trailer guy let Scott use his place to rebuild the
a-arms and he came back Friday and got fastest time in EM on the North course
and jumped from about 15th to 4th.  Now that's a come back!

James Rogerson
[FP #125] - Techless Racing [and we've proven it!] ;-)

"Nails are glue, hypothetically speaking" - Lou Fertile
"Men that like golf are unhappy at home and incapable of having a meaningful
relationship with women" - Joseph Heller