Re: This Months Pylon:

To: <BRUBEL51@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: This Months Pylon:
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2000 19:21:45 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: BRUBEL51@aol.com <BRUBEL51@aol.com>
To: autox@autox.team.net <autox@autox.team.net>
Date: Saturday, September 02, 2000 12:18 PM
Subject: This Months Pylon:

>Once again I have been subjected to reading dribble in Pylon, As a charter
>member of Pylon I feel compelled  to air my view:  I just finished reading
>Dick Bergers "Y2K" Solo II Winners"  and I cant believe that the editors of
>Pylon would allow this to go into print..

We don't have an editor, so there was nobody to prevent your drivel from
getting into cyberspace.

I suggest that if you think it is so darned easy to make accurate
predictions of the complete breadth of a sporting event of this magnitude in
the time-frame required by the deadlines of a monthly publication such as
NAP, that you write such an article in time for publication next year and
submit it to NAP.  Then we can all pick at yours.

Sure, Big Dick's yearly articles are not perfect, but I have not yet seen
better ones ready for deadline.

==============
dribble
Function: noun
Date: circa 1680
1 : a tiny or insignificant bit or quantity
2 : a small trickling stream or flow
3 : an act, instance, or manner of dribbling a ball or puck
- drib·bly /'dri-b(&-)lE/ adjective
===============
drivel
Function: noun
Date: 14th century
1 archaic : DROOL 1
2 : NONSENSE

I don't generally take it upon myself to publicly point out others' errors
in language, but since you set such a high standard for Mr. Berger, I
figured you wouldn't mind.

1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Chev Suburban, 1962 Triumph TR4