Re: STS SportsCar Predictions

To: "Moore, John" <jmoore@opentv.com>
Subject: Re: STS SportsCar Predictions
From: Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 06:03:25 -0700

Nationals shouldn't have a start even remotely like a Pro - and it hasn't in the
few years I have been going.  I think the Subaru is an interesting pick for a
couple of reasons:

The addition of springs SIGNIFICANTLY improves the handling if the car whereas
in some of the other top choices (Neon, Prelude) the effect is less dramatic.
Another reason I think the GS-R and the SE-R become contenders.

The AWD is critical, even in the dry.  With non-R tires, grip is at a premium
coming out of corners - the 1/10th's and 1/100's gained there add up quick.

And a decent amount of after-market support so parts are avail to max out the HP
per the rules.

Now the X factor I think you are missing is that Brian is an 'A' driver.  So
IMHO you had better have a far superior car (and his will be built up I bet) if
you want to beat him - wet or dry.

AB

"Moore, John" <jmoore@opentv.com> on 08/16/2000 04:20:50 PM

Please respond to "Moore, John" <jmoore@opentv.com>