Re: TireRack SCCA National Solo Championships Alert

To: <Hottvr@aol.com>, "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TireRack SCCA National Solo Championships Alert
From: Bill Ozinga <oz@tirerack.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 17:17:23 -0700
Mike B. replied to Rocky E. note...

> << Currently, entries for the event are running nearly double the usual amount
> at this time of the year, and forecasting indicates that the event could run
> close to 1400 entries if left unchecked.  With quality of presentation
> concerns, and a need to assure that all entrants get the proper number of
> runs per day, the SCCA National Office made the decision today to cap the
> number at 1200, the current logistical maximum. >>
> Is this for real???? A cap on the Nationals???????? Sounds like some really
> slick
> marketing to me????

It's a conspiracy. Ask Linhoff or Foster. They'll back up any conspiracy
theory :-)

If it is marketing, it seems like it's working. Looks like Danielle Engstrom
is doing a good job for all of us. I wonder how the SCCA can afford her?

Bill Ozinga - webmaster@tirerack.com
Webmaster - The Tire Rack
http://www.tirerack.com
Ph.(888)541-1777 or (219)287-2345