Z3 in EP? Was: New Miata

To: Jeff Lloyd <Jeff@cyberconceptz.com>, "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Z3 in EP? Was: New Miata
From: Bill Ozinga <oz@tirerack.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 15:55:48 -0700
> We will have to see, I am also a b-stocker and I'm finally getting a leg up
> on the current crop of Hiroshiman Roadsters, If they get 16x7 inch wheels
> there might be a problem, can you imagine a miata with 245/45/16 Hoosier
> autocross compound :-O but I'm figuring this may hurt the gearing also, now
> a 6speed 10ae is geared a bit low for large national courses, this might be
> their answer.
>
> If that happens then I might have to stay home on Sundays, or move to
> prepared once and for all

Jeff,

You keep complaining about your car being misclassed against the Miata's and
threatening to go to EP.

Do you have any idea how many cubic dollars you'd have to throw at the car
to even be close to the Honda's? Of course, then you'd be complaining that
your car should go to DP.

I've run against John Thomas. Once of the nicest guys in the world, but I
doubt you could pick a more difficult class to win in any car. There's a
reason for his winning streak in KS.

I bet Tom Lombardo (the car owner) and everyone else in the class will back
me up on this one.

Choose one...

"If you can't beat 'em, join 'em". (Buy a Miata?)
"If you can't beat 'em, have fun anyway".
"If you can't beat 'em, complain alot."

If you choose the last one, do it quietly :-)

One statement you made surprised me.

> I'm finally getting a leg up
> on the current crop of Hiroshiman Roadsters

This had me confused, then I thought of how a boy dog would "get a leg up."
Now I understand - it was a joke. But doesn't your competition get a little
"pissed?"

Bill Ozinga - oz@tirerack.com
I wear Nomex to work on Fridays, can you tell?