Re: Solo III

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Solo III
From: Bradley Lamont <lamont@mailhost.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 11:45:31 -0500
At 11:20 AM 8/11/00, Chris Shepard said:

>         Even some of us "non-competitive" types still have a burning
>         passion for the sport, and want more than three or four events
>         a year.

I guess we're just lucky here in Chicago.  I'm getting close to burn-out
level from the amount of racing I've done this summer.

Let's see:

Apr 3 - SCCA regional event
Apr 16 - Tri-state Sports Car council regional event
May 7 - SCCA event
May 14 - TSSCC event
May 21/22 - SCCA ProSolo
June 11 - TSSCC event
June 18 - SCCA event
June 25 - TSSCC event
July 1/2 - SCCA National Tour
July 9 - SCCA event
July 16 - TSSCC event
July 30 - TSSCC event
Aug 5/6 - CenDiv event
Aug 12/13 - SCCA Divisional Championship
Aug 27 - TSSCC event
Sept 3 - SCCA event
Sept 9-15 - SCCA National Championship
Oct 1 - TSSCC event
Oct 8 - SCCA event
Oct 21/22 - SCCA event

A total of 20 events.  And that's just the ones I attended.  All except the
"big" events were within 2 hours of Chicago. The "big" events were about 3
hours.

There are also events going on at other area clubs.

There are Milwaukee SCCA and WAI up in Milwaukee, Central Illinois SCCA,
Indiana Northwest Region SCCA, and South Bend SCCA.  Not to mention the
CenDiv series (although the trips are a bit longer for some of them).

Realistically, if I wanted to, I could probably find a race within 4 hours
every Sunday between late April and early November.  Talk about getting
burned out though.

Brad
Bradley Lamont
email: lamont@mailhost.org