Re: Classing Cars with Physics

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Classing Cars with Physics
From: Snapspinnr@aol.com
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 15:57:20 EDT
> Say, here's another thorny thought. I have 2 cars: they are the same
> dimentionally (length, width, height, wheelbase etc) They have
> infinite-grip tires. They have the same power/weight ratios, and the weight
> distribution is the same. One weighs 1000lbs more than the other. Which car
> is faster, or are they tied?
>
> DG

Well if you had "infinite grip" tires the lighter car would be faster. Why you
ask? Because it would be less likely to tip over, since it has less mass acting
on the center of gravity.

I think that is what would limit cornering G's if your tires refused to let go
of the road, but this thought is after standing around in the hot sun all day
yesterday.