Re: Buying a win?? Spend it on school.

To: Hottvr@aol.com, Markdaddio@aol.com, narby@centurytel.net,
Subject: Re: Buying a win?? Spend it on school.
From: "Arthur Emerson" <vreihen@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 03:48:29 GMT
Hottvr@aol.com wrote:
>The Great Kazoo <Markdaddio@aol.com> writes:
>
>  Sorry , .... but.....  No way!
>  Mark >>
>
>You are missing the point!!!!!

You dare to question the words of the great Kazoo???  I know
that you've only been doing this for three years, so you
might not recognize the name of the above and his accomplishments
over the years.

Just last month, he came out to the Ayer National Tour and
proved that you are 100% wrong.  He entered his showroom
stock Neon in DSP, where it was extremely under-prepared.  To
make matters worse, he ran the car aligned for Lime Rock
Park, not autocross.  According to your statement, his
un-sorted car should lose, right???  You had better take
a look at the results:

http://www.scca.org/amateur/nat_tour/2000/ayer/results.html

He "only" won DSP by 6.9 seconds, and would have won DS
by about 3.1 seconds.  Either time difference is an eternity
when you're measuring out to thousandths of a second.  A
great driver in an under-prepared and un-sorted car beat
several good drivers in cars built to the rules.

>Buy an old Formula Ford(age of the chassis is not the problem)
>and bring it to the Nats. If its got problems all the "Driving Schools" in
>the world won't help you.

You and the rest of C-Mod had better hope that he doesn't
decide to prove you wrong! :-)  Even in the rattiest C-Mod car
in the country, I'd be putting my money on him as long as
the motor runs and it has 4 tires that hold air.....

-Arthur ("That's MISTER Daddio to you [and me for that matter]"
                                                         edition.)