Classing Issues

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Classing Issues
From: rjohnson@friendlynet.com
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 00:28:56 -0500
  Sorry, Andy -- can't resist climbing in further. . . . . .

First Ben Thatcher, now Geo Ryan, INSIST that the current
classification isn't fair or equitable.  And further insinuate that
the current method is tainted by politics, money and other
less-than-reputable practices. . . . . . .

When challenged to sort cars to classes, using a fresh sheet
of paper, and show us the results, Thatcher demurs and instead
simply aligns classes across categories by PAX numbers. . . . .
how odd - and not the initial point.

George, it's your turn.  If the current system is so grossly
uneven & unworkable, let the rest of us see your fix.  Take
even a small fraction of the vehicles available - say a focus
on those that might be of interest to existing or potential
autocrossers - and show us how to do it!

I'm not saying it can't be done, altho' my experience base
says that Bettencourt is right in his claim that the task is
completely impossible.

So instead of complaints - how about showing us how, George?

Roger Johnson (Ohio)