Stock time limits and vintage

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stock time limits and vintage
From: "Jamie Sculerati" <jamies@mrj.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 20:59:56 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: Kevin Stevens <Kevin_Stevens@Bigfoot.com>

> It's simpler than that.  Expire Stock class eligibility after 7-10 years.

Maybe for National competition -- certainly not for regional events.  I've
run in some areas where a substantial portion of Stock competition was older
than 10 years.  Some of it was even competitive.

Further back, Jon Prevo suggests:

> > Establish a "vintage" class, containing all cars 15 years old or older,
> > stock configuration only.

Actually, there are plenty of regions I've run in which have tried vintage
classes -- but for some reason, they never really seem to take off.  I can't
explain it, just observe.

Jamie
'92 Prelude Si
Speed Demon Racing