RE: C4,C5 and FS

To: "Rick Cone" <conekiller@prodigy.net>, "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: C4,C5 and FS
From: "Kevin Stevens" <Kevin_Stevens@Bigfoot.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 12:39:29 -0700
> Can some one riddle me this...?
>
> If 3rd and 4th gen Camaro's/Firebirds have to run together why can't 4th and
> 5th gen Corvettes run together?

I don't see any comparison.

That being said, I think the 4th and 5th gen Corvettes can and should run
together.  However, if you put the new Z06 in with any of the other cars it will
immediately dominate all of the rest, so there's a BoB decision to be made
there.

> If we really need another class between SS and AS, then lets create it.  If
> the need is truly there then there should be enough merit for class to be
> added on its own.  Not cut a class between DS and HS to make room for the
> new SS/AS class.

The need isn't really for another class between SS and AS, it's for one above
the current SS, so that the Z06, Viper, Porsche Turbo and the other hot new
sports cars can be classed.  I very much agree that ALL stock cars, especially
sports cars, should have a class to run in.  If that means all the C5s have to
be moved up, so be it.  I think it would be a better fit to just move the Z06,
but I'll support whatever the SEB decides.

KeS

'99 C5

(still supports a 7-10 year obsolescence rule for Stock classes)