Wheel rules

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Wheel rules
From: Ajstratton@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 12:52:12 EDT
  In my experience, the only aftermarket wheels that cost significantly more
than new stock were two and three piece, and forged aluminum type race
wheels.   My Revolutions cost $140 each; half of factory.   The remainder of
my wheels are junkyard takeoffs.  Pretty good deal if you don't mind the
torch/grinder marks..

  Of course once you get rid of the wheel allowance, there is no need for
spacers, +/- track allowances, and the need for longer stud bolts..  Saves me
$100.  Puts me on some REALLY skinny tires!

  An interesting idea was raised somewhere along this thread.  That would be
the concept of claiming.  I don't know if it still goes on in the dirt bike
world, but I remember when a privateer bought a factory bike for a song.
This might be more appropriate for Pro's,  Things that make you go Hmmmmm.

Alan Stratton
GS 40 GSX  (Trailer Queen)
When you dump the clutch at 6500 RPM,
1500 miles from home, you'll know why!