Re: Unfair Advantages

To: boysrus_racing@yahoo.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Unfair Advantages
From: HAVOCDEAN@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 03:50:36 EDT
Bob,

      I have to disagree!!!!!!!!

      First, I am grateful for the success I have had in a sport I
love!!!!!!!!

      Second, most people think that when I started autoxing, I was "winning"
from day one!!!!!. That couldn't be farther from the truth!!!!!! Go see were
I finished @ the 1987 Solo2 Nationals in F/S, 23rd I believe about 5 seconds
off the leaders!!!!!!!!!

      Third, Me and my brother Neal DROVE the 87 Stang to every event,
practiced our butts off, ran every event and every fun run  we could possible
do!!!!!!! Did we have the best car?, No, but it sure wasn't 5 seconds slower
than the leaders car!!!!!!

       We won BEFORE we had any help from the tire people!!!!!!!!!!

      Fourth, Having been a past "contract" driver for many years, I can
assure you we had the SAME tires as everyone else. Once I was accused of
having "fresher" tires at nationals, after the accuser checked the build date
of my tires, it was found that HIS tires were "fresher" than mine!!!!!!!!!!

      Bottom line, I understand were your coming from, but realize this, I
ran in Stock class back  in the late 80's and early 90's when you could spend
thousands on motors and such and I was lucky to have the money for event
fee's, much less the best of everything!!!!!!!  That taught me alot!!!!!!!!!
It made me realize that once I'm within a half a second of the leaders, than
I may need to spend the money on the freshest tires, the newer car, etc....
And guess what??????  Now that I have alittle money to spend, I don't!!!!!!!!
Why?, Because I was lucky to have learned from some of the best in the sport
that its ALL driver!!!!!!!!!

       There was no McKamey school when I started. Lucky for me I had a few
great local autoxers that brought me along and helped me. Thats why me and
many others teach for the Mckamey school. Its not for the money!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its giving back to a sport that has given us so much!!!!!!!

       Why not trying to look at the sport a different way?  What do you have
to lose?

Dean ( running his mouth again) Sapp #138 F/S Mustang Cobra