Re: The Drummer

To: <eric10mm@qni.com>, "'team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The Drummer
From: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 17:45:38 -0400
> But I think he deserves a
>chance before we lynch him.
>
>Paul Foster
>============================
>A chance, perhaps.  A $300K salary?  Not until he proves his worth
and not
>outta my fees thank you very much.
>
>Hell, the CEO of my hospital doesn't make that much and he's got a
much MUCH
>more important job.

I agree but we cannot blame this guy for it. We should blame the BOD.
But I think the BOD is stuck in the mentality that we need someone who
is a candidate to run a large for-profit company and can suck up to
Detroit, not someone who will work for peanuts but still do a good job
because he or she loves amateur racing and autocrossing.

I was hoping for someone within the organization, like Dennis Dean, or
some amateur racer or autocrosser who has successfully run his own
business and now has some spare time - someone who would do it for the
love of amateur sports more than the big paycheck.

But hell, now we have paid the dude to move to Colorado. We have paid
the headhunter a reputed $100K to find him. We probably gave him a
golden parachute of some sort. Now we have no choice but to see what
he can do.

After the announcement I started a thread on wheeltowheel to change
the bylaws to limit the amount that can be paid the CEO to $100K, and
it went over about as well there as my views on Ayers did on this
forum. Most members still feel that the SCCA should be run like a
major corporation. But I just don't get it...

Paul Foster