RE: Car Insurance

To: "'matthew c. mead'" <mmead-autox@goof.com>,
Subject: RE: Car Insurance
From: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 09:01:45 -0500
 When I inquired about it from my previous carrier,
they told me that if in fact I wanted to start autoxing my car, I
had to tell them.  Shortly thereafter, I got a policy
cancellation letter.
=================================
And which evil, bad, corrupt, self-serving, gluttonous, greedy, lying,
cheating, thieving company would that have been?

I called several State Farm (my current company) agents to inquire about
coverage rates for my 1998 Neon.  As non-chalantly as I could I worked in
the "oh by the way, I'm thinking about participating in some Solo2 events"
and would I be covered in the event of a Solo related accident to my Neon.
After VERY carefully phrasing my wording (per the prologue in the Solo2
rulebook) of what I "was thinking about doing", 9 out of 10 agents said that
they would indeed pay a claim.  Agent # 10 said that he wouldn't pay.

Later, I called my personal agent (been with him since I started driving in
'85 and he's got my renter's & life insurance as well) and he said that they
would pay the claim but they most certainly would not be happy about it.  He
did not mention getting cancelled after a claim, but then again he probably
wouldn't.

Not official, but his word is good enough for me.  I also inquired about
"lapping days" or a High Performance Car Control Clinic (just like in the
latest Sportscar issue) type events and (whining and bitching) they would
cover that as well.

So, what other good-guy, Solo-friendly insurance companies are there out
there?

Eric Linnhoff in KC
1998 Dodge Neon R/T
#69 DS    #13 TLS