Re: First draft of my proposed C&C re-write

To: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: First draft of my proposed C&C re-write
From: Mike Lamfalusi <lamfalus@excite.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 10:36:05 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 07 Jun 2000 11:22:44 -0400, Mark Sirota wrote:

>  Mike Lamfalusi wrote:
>  > Removing such a mirror from such a car wouldn't be so much a
>  > performance advantage as it would be removing a definate handicap and
>  > therefore leveling the playing field, not upsetting it.
>
>  Eh?  You lost me there.
>
>  You seem to think that "leveling the playing field" means "making all
>  cars alike."  Since GS Integra Type R's are lighter than other GS
>  cars, should all GS cars be able to be made lighter in order to "level
>  the playing field?"  That's what you're saying.
>
>  Once again, look at the whole package.  Each car has its strengths and
>  weaknesses.  One of the weaknesses of the M Coupe is that you can't
>  see past the mirror.  One of its strengths is that it's very little
>  compared with other SS cars.
>
>  If you want to play the safety card, that's fine, but the "leveling
>  the playing field" thing just doesn't fly.
>
>  Mark

Whatever, leveling the playing field, safety, I don't care how or why you
allow it.  I've driven an M Coupe and to say that the mirror obstructs your
view is an understatement.  If nothing else, everyone who competes should AT
LEAST be allowed unobstructed visibility, and if that means removing visors
and/or rear view mirros, so be it.  And no, this doesn't mean that people
should be allowed to remove the roof of their car to see better ;) <-- this
is for those who would automatically assume that I meant you could remove
your roof since I didn't SPECIFICALLY write that I was only speaking in
reference to rear view mirrors and visors... geesh.

Mike Lamfalusi
'97 VW Jetta GLX
GS - Chicago Region