Re: Car Classing (WAS: AWD cars at ProSolos)

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Car Classing (WAS: AWD cars at ProSolos)
From: "Daniel Bettis" <140mhz24@isoc.net>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 08:10:39 -0400
If memory serves me right didn't that car win CSP at the Pro solo year end
deal in like 1998.  Does this mean that the ASP cars get to be but down in
lets say CSP.  Sounds like a way to kill a class to me.

> The more involved I get with car classification issues and performance
> analysis, the more amazed I am that it ever happens at all; so difficult
is
> it to obtain good data to base conclusions on. Similarily, it seems that
> the basics - overall weight, size, tire size, suspension type, and
> power-to-weight - seem to make the best data points to base car
> classification on. Not perfect, but certainly "good enough". And by that
> standard, your Corrado is properly classed, the Type R is properly
classed,
> the DSMs and Soobys are properly classed, and every Lotus I can bring to
> mind is properly classed. The M3 in ESP I think deserves some study, and
> can think of what amounts to marketing reasons for bouncing it out of ESP
> (ESP being the Mustang/Camaro class) but I have yet to see ***ONE SINGLE
> VALID DATA POINT*** on the M3 performance potential issue, there having
> always been driver or environmental issues tainting the data so far.

Dan Bettis
140MHZ24@isoc.net
Predator Motorsport   http://www.predatormotorsport.com
96 Miata R 24 BS