Re: Sticky Hoosiers for STS, was SCCA Spokesperson...... :-)

To: "Jeff Lloyd" <Jeff@cyberconceptz.com>, <oblique@alum.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: Sticky Hoosiers for STS, was SCCA Spokesperson...... :-)
From: "Phillip S. Osborne" <psosborn@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 22:59:44 -0400
Ahhhh, but Jeff, remember, all it takes is the stroke of a pen to put any
tire on the exclusion list for STS.   Anything the SEB feels may be a
special built tire, or a ringer for the class can, and most likely will, be
added to that list.  And rightly so, unless you want to make it a spec tire
class.  Building a super sticky tire for STS, in my opinion, would be a
waste of time/money for Hoosier or any other tire builder.  STS should
survive on it's own merits, making do with what we have available rather
than someone sneaking in a super soft, sticky tire specifically aimed at
STS. As you know, STR is the same class except DOT R compound tires are
allowed.  We don't need to mix and match....all in my humble opinion of
course...

Phil O. (hoping the rain holds off for the Atlanta event Sunday...)

  .. I guess they are waiting to see if STS will remain a class...