Re: 86-91 RX-7 Differential Front Mount Question - Others Delete

To: Scott Meyers <solo2@uswest.net>
Subject: Re: 86-91 RX-7 Differential Front Mount Question - Others Delete
From: Steven Fooshee <fooshst@stumail.gc.cc.fl.us>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 18:26:37 -0500
Scott Meyers wrote:

> I have an 87 RX-7. The front rubber mount that holds the differential in
> place has separated the rubber. It moves around a lot. Not good.
>
> Do I really have to drop and remove the entire differential to get to
> this as the Haynes book suggests?
>
> Anyone else found an easier way?
>
> Hoping for the best.
>
> Scott "Mazda" Meyers

        I have heard it said that you can replace it by partially dropping the
rear subframe, but I think it would be easier to pull it all the way out
on your first try. Experimentation can be time consuming.
--
---

1990 GS 500-E: Faster than a Harley.
1987 RX-7 TII: Faster than a Harley.
MCMLXIX Sprite: More technologically advanced than a Harley!
What if there were no hypothetical questions?

-