Bob Tunnell on a John Deere?

To: autox <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bob Tunnell on a John Deere?
From: Bill Sanford <tvrdude@netzero.net>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 23:03:28 -0700
Hey all,
 With all these threads on B*O*B Tunnell (old joke) I feel privilidged
to be in a small but evidently elite group of people to finish in front
of B*O*B at a "national event", (a divisional) in Las Vegas.

 Okay, so it was 7 yrs ago, and Bob was in a unprepared car borrowed
from
Nigel the Yokohama guy, but Bob was in front of Byron Short and Paul
Brown. (I suspect Bob had cancer or food poisoning or some such ailment,
long since rectified.) But I cherish that moment and those results,(
which
I have saved to stare at as I get older, along with the time I bested
Gary Thomason or Guy Ankeny, separate times with us in the same cars.)

 See... good things can happen and in the right moment the "kings" can
be beaten, and everyone of them knows that and goes out of their way
to prepare vehicles that reduce the chances of another "car" beating
them.
 On this point, I have to agree with Iain Mannix "don't worry so
much about whats wrong with the other guys car, what can YOU do, or fix,
to go faster". (paraphrasing)

 I believe the PAX in ESP vs SS has been softening over the past 5 yrs
or so, (not sure, could someone post?), yet the "fast" SS car has been
out of production at least that amount of time. Why would the ESP PAX
be softening? (again, had this pointed out to me, can't verify and will
withdraw this part if incorrect). Hope I don't PO my ESP buddies. :)

 Should I have picked up some flame retardant clothing? :)

 (Nah, I'm just delirious from shearing an axle on the Caddy Tow car,
lunching the motor on the TVR, and having a friend wreck my little
pick-up all within 2 weeks)  :(

Till then
Bill Sanford