CNAC rules

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: CNAC rules
From: "Kevin Stevens" <kevin_stevens@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 09:43:28 PDT

------=_NextPart_000_110a3972_2d05fcb4$769acaab

>Okay, I just got through reading the CNAC rules for Stock Class cars.
>
>Let's see if I read them correctly.  If I put the stock 22mm front sway bar
>back on my DS Neon (instead of the skinnier "Sport" sway bar that most mere
>mortals, which excludes Daddio, put on to make the car hook up better) then
>I can run on R
>compound tires (1 preparation point) and install a LSD (also
>1 point) for a total of 2 preparation points and STILL remain in the Stock
>Class??
>
>Did I read that correctly?

Yes.

>Oh but wait, it gets better.  If I install a fire extinguisher I get a -1
>points added to my preparation total, so that means that
>I can now install a good supportive driver's side race seat (1
>point) in my Neon and STILL remain in the Stock Class.  Right?

Yes.

>And if I go hog wild and install a roll bar (always a good idea)
>I get an additional -2 points added to my preparation level count and then
>I can install a different rear sway bar (1 point) and I could run 13"
>wheels (1 point) and their corresponding Hoosier 225/45-13 tires (already
>spent that "R tire" point earlier).  Right??  Uhh, the Hoosier tires may be
>iffy, but I
>think I got the gist of the rest of the rules.  Right?

No.   Section 5.4.B:  "The negative points assessed for rollover protection
and fire extinguishers may only be used to offset other points assessed in
Section 5.4.C."  Wheels and bars are in 5.4.D.  Also note that when
upgrading wheels, there's an earlier rule about not having the tire tread
visible from above.

>Help me out here folks.  Why wouldn't this system work for us
>'Mericuns as well?

Besides the fact that you're well into street prepared, primarily
that it would shake up the stock classes a lot while everyone
figured out the hot prep for each car.  Sort of a bigger "why not remove the
front bar allowance".  No better reason that I can think of.  Many of the
marque clubs use a points system for preparation.

KeS

(Just read the rules myself, but I'm pretty sure this is right.)

------=_NextPart_000_110a3972_2d05fcb4$769acaab

Reporting-MTA: dns; porbeagle.shark.tiburon.ca.us
Received-From-MTA: DNS; mako
Arrival-Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 01:23:52 -0700 (PDT)

Final-Recipient: RFC822; autox@autox.team.net
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: DNS; team-fat2.dsl.aros.net
Last-Attempt-Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 01:24:24 -0700 (PDT)