Re: personal responsibility

To: kevin_stevens@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: personal responsibility
From: jon e prevo <tcbracer@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 19:10:53 -0500
I've heard enough!  This Stevens guy is just a big whining little girl
who wants to subject everyone around her to her version of what the rules
should be.  Karts are not any more dangerous than any other vehicle
accepted by our _several_ sanctioning bodies in American autocross.  If
we believed that any risk is too much risk, NONE of us would drive our
cars the way we do at autocross races.  Hell, we would still be living in
Scandanavia or Cuba or England because "crossing that big ocean in a
sailing ship is TOO DANGEROUS!"  Steve, I submit to you that autocrossing
a kart is safer than your drive to work.  Get over this kick about how
unsafe everything is, and realize that we ALL drive our vehicles way too
fast, in the pursuit of that cool adrenaline rush.  And in so doing, you
will realize that those kart guys are no different from you and me,
driving our full bodied cars with neat stuff like seatbelts and roofs.

Jon BSP 37