Miata Koni's & torn shock boot

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Miata Koni's & torn shock boot
From: Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 18:07:24 -0700 (PDT)
Hey all,

Question for Miata-crossers running Koni shocks.  I
found a torn shock boot the other day whilst changing
tires.  I don't think it's a serious problem since the
boots don't seal to the Koni shock body, but the idea
of exposing the delicate shaft seal to dirt has always
vaguely bothered me.  Anybody have ideas for fixing
the boot to the shock?  (I eyeballed it and don't
think zip ties will do.)  If not sealed, how much will
the shock life expectancy be affected?

tia,
Craig Blome

=====