Re: Re: AM

To: 94kart@nycap.rr.com
Subject: Re: Re: AM
From: Stefanv@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 09:43:49 EST
Rick,
I looked at the website...

You have got to be kidding me that those things weigh 435 pounds!  Is that
with or without driver?  Keep in mind that the AM rules require 700 pounds
withOUT driver.

-STEFAN

In a message dated 12/23/1999, 9:17:44 AM, 94kart@nycap.rr.com writes:
<<I haven't seen a rule book for A mod (yet) but 700 Lb minuim? No problem
with a kart. The Champ Kart chassis( full roll cage and seatbelts) that we
currently use in WKA has a 435# minum for adults using a 10hp(modified to
18hp) Tecumseh motor. by the time you lengthen, strengthen and an widen the
chassis a bit, strap on a 500 cc rotax( or the750cc honda 4 I have in the
barn)
heavier drive axle,chain, brakes , put on some 8"diameter wheels and a wing
to keep it on the ground. You are going to be very close to 700#. whether
this would be a "phantom killer" I doubt it, But all the pieces are
available off the shelf and I figure I could build it for less than $12k.
Maybe if A mod is still around in 3 years (when my kid turns 16) we might do
some welding ;) Here is picture of  champ karts from my website
http://www.homestead.com/94racing/files/index.htm

BTW Paul there is some nuts  in northern california that race 500cc  champ
karts so 600cc is very possible.

Rick>>