Re: Street mod, Street Touring, and Final SCCA Stock/Street Prepared Cla

To: solo2@uswest.net
Subject: Re: Street mod, Street Touring, and Final SCCA Stock/Street Prepared Classes
From: reddog_es22@juno.com
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 11:47:38 -0500
Scott-
Don't know about most of the stuff you were asking about, but I did hear
about the Honda Civic Si. A guy I was corresponding with through email
said he called Howard and was told that all the Si's except the new one
(160 hp) are in HS. As far as the weights for the '93, I'm pretty sure
they weigh more than #2100 pounds. I weighed my '91 at Petersburg last
year and it came in at #2250 without driver (and only 108hp). I think the
Hondas gained weight in the next model year when it was changed. They got
more horsepower, but MAN are they torqueless wonders. I never thought my
non- vtec would feel torquey, but I think I got the right car.

I think the reason everything was moved around has to do with other
things the Hondas don't have. The 88-91's only have 5" rims (not sure
about the later one's, but pretty sure they aren't any bigger than 5.5")
and they have no camber adjustment. The 88-91's also don't come with a
rear sway bar, unlike the DS CRX Si. The Celica ST's could be just as
fast or even faster than the GT's depending on the course, and it really
left no place for guys like us (little cars with no hp) to play and be
competitive {lots of Hondas out there you know :^) }. I think ES & HS
will be fun classes this year, but I guess we'll just have to wait and
see.

Scott Sawyer
Team Underdog Racing, Underdog F&C
91 Honda Civic Si, ES 22<---------HS in Y2K