Re: Fine Print

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fine Print
From: Paul Czarnecki <oblique@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 00:44:35 -0500

>What's the point in having a rule if we're going to allow exceptions?  If you
>make an exception for AM, how are you going to justify not making the same
>exception for another class?

Simple.  If that class is faster than AM, let it live.

> Since the current level of commitment to build
>and tune a dominating AM vehicle currently exceeds $100k for a sport that
>offers no financial payback whatsoever, only payout, then I guess that would
>qualify as rare.

I might be going out on a limb here, so I'm sure someone will correct
me if I am wrong, but I believe that the current AM champion car did
not cost anywhere near that amount.

>  - IndyCar designers ain't cheap

Again, correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think the car designer
has done Indy Car work.

(And yes, I very much want to see the Dragon and the Phantom meet.)

pZ
--
Paul Czarnecki

Help the UN feed the world for free @ http://www.thehungersite.com