Re: Seeking SP seat & wheel advice

To: ThosPaine1776@aol.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Seeking SP seat & wheel advice
From: Tim Schuh <tim@wankel.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 22:51:55 -0600
ThosPaine1776@aol.com wrote:
> Old autocrosser, new (digest) subscriber.
> I assume that the above subjects have been discussed in depth.
> I am looking for seats that are light & cheap.
> Also wheels that are very light - moderately priced would be ok here.
> Brands and sources appreciated!
>
>   Tom

I haven't seen any responses to this so I think I'll add my $0.02.
I'm a young(ish) autocrosser so take anything said here with a grain
of salt.

I might suggest something like racerwholesale.com.  If the car is a
dedicated track car I've seen many people using Kirky seats.  Very
thin padding but very light and very inexpensive.  Personally I intend
to keep my Rx-7 streetable, not friendly but streetable.  I'm looking
at Corsa and Konig touring seats but their competition seats are
calling my name.

On the wheel front I've all but made up my mind on Diamond Racing
wheels for the coming season.  After having to replace my cat to get
my car to pass emmisions I got shoved into CSP.  I figure, what the
heck, might as well go for broke before some nice young lady tells me
I can't! =)  Diamond Racing has a set of 0.095" spun shell steel
wheels at weigh 15lbs in 14x7 and cost $61.00, 14x8 at $63.00 weigh
16lbs.  Pretty good bang for the buck.  I'm not likely to notice the
three pound difference between these and Panasport Ultralights but I
surely can feel it in my pocketbook.  Diamond Racing can be reached at
800-937-4407.

--
Tim Schuh - www.wankel.net
84 GSL-SE