Re: Take the long way home

To: Steven Volpp <volpp@netdoor.com>
Subject: Re: Take the long way home
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 21:01:16 -0800

Steven Volpp wrote:

> This is what happens if I have too much time on my hands on a Sunday
> morning.....
>
> If I want to participate in the Pro's this year, I will have to drive 6210
> miles to attend the closest three events and the champs in Topeka.  If I
> average 65 mph towing, that will take me 95.5 hours.  I only get 80 hours
> vacation a year.  If the average Pro course is 45 seconds long, and you get
> 12 runs at each event, that is 540 seconds of run time.

Here is where we diverge in our math. I expect to have 18-20 runs at a
Pro. 8-)

And yes, there is more enjoyment at an event than the actual course
time. Otherwise it does not make sense... it still may not make sense
for a lot of people based on their time/$$ budget. I spent over $6000 in
1997, but a lot of that went to Baby Dolls I think.

Randy Chase