Speedvision & Car-O-Scopes

To: "Teamdotnet" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Speedvision & Car-O-Scopes
From: "Matt Murray" <mattm@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 16:56:49 -0500
Minor rant mode.

Ya know how the Car Talk "Car-O-Scope" basically inferred that we are
cheap? Boy, they hit us autocrossers right on target. We probably
caused the rain in Topeka because of all the dust that came out of our
wallets when we paid for something, and the dust seeded the clouds
(interesting mental image).

Just ask Santa, Buddha, Kwanza Claus, or whomever, to spend a little
cash and get the DirecTV thingie. Then you can make your own tapes of
The Runoffs, Legends Of Motorsports with all its vintage footage of
the fifties, sixties and seventies races, AMA Supercross, Formula One
live, FIA Rallies, AutoWeek on Speedvision, ARCA, FIM Superbikes,
NASCAR Inside Winston Cup, Trans Am, Scottie in Speedvision races, and
endless "Crash Impact" videos for sale. Ferchrissakes, don't live up
to our stereotype.

Rant mode off until 1/1/2000

Matt Murray

mattm@optonline.net