San Diego event report and schedule ?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: San Diego event report and schedule ?
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 07:40:15 -0800
This has nothing to do with Car-O-Scopes (seems I should be driving a
Buick Roadmaster)  8-)

We had an awesome event Sunday at Qualcomm Stadium. I want to say thanks
to those that put it on. The weather was incredible with temps in the
70s and sunny skies. The course was about a mile long with a nice
combination of turns and straights that required a mix of speed and
control.

Not having walked the course, and not knowing where it went, I managed
to keep my car at the rev limiter in 2nd gear for what seemed liked
forever on the downhill section. Oops. 8-) After that, I found I was
shifting into 3rd 2-3 places on the course. Wish I could have stayed and
run some fun-runs or some X runs, once the course got a little less
dusty and more sticky.

We had some visitors from other areas, some trying out different rides.
Some of us were just using up old tires.  A few of use were battling it
out for year ending class trophies. An interesting time of year.

Could someone from San Diego please email me the prelim schedule for the
first 6 months of 2000? Judy? Rick? I think the next event at Qualcomm
is Jan 15th, a Saturday, on the big west lot....right?

Randy Chase (wishing the MR2-Spyder was here)
'91 MR2 CS