Re: DRL's Warning: RANT!

To: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: DRL's Warning: RANT!
From: Wes Shew <schumi@vcn.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 23:00:07 -0800 (PST)
On Thu, 2 Dec 1999, Mark Sirota wrote:

> I've never seen these things, but I agree, they sound a bit silly.
> Perhaps it's for the moron left foot brakers who ride the brake
> constantly or something?

As I recall they were a product of the late 70's. The harder you braked
the quicker they flashed, so as to give the person behind an idea of how
quickly you were stopping. Made sense at the time.

--
Yours in motorsport, Wesley E. Shew   [ macher ;-) ]
#99 AS 1991 PORSCHE 944 S2 cpe 3.0L(M030&LSD)Indischrot/Schwarz Kunstleder
 #53 DSP 1980 VW Scirocco Mk.I, 1.6L bal.& blueprt, Platinum Grey Metallic
  SCCA (NWR) & PCA (CWR) Vancouver, Canada  (604)677-1944 schumi@vcn.bc.ca