Re: Rear Seats

To: Dan J Hill <dhillrcp@juno.com>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear Seats
From: Eric Moon <moon-7@blazenet.net>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 13:44:18 -0400
At 12:39 PM 5/28/99 -0500, Dan J Hill wrote:
>I can't find anything in the rules about rear seats, is it legal to
>remove the rear seats in street prepared??
>
>Dan

Page 97, 14.1 B Authorized Modifications:Street Prepared vehicles may only
be modified in excess of Stock Category rules (as described in section 14)

No mention of rear seating.

Page 90, 13.2 K Bodywork:  Any item that can not be held down permanently
in place by factory fasteners may be removed.

Seats bolted down?  They gotta stay.  Seats held in with quick release
levers (like in a minivan), then it's a rule subject to
interpretation---are the QR levers a permanent factory fastener???

Eric Moon
'92 Miata SOLO II  CSP
e-mail:        info@scca-susq.com
home:        (717) 221-8828